Latreal Forces

This is my first time to use 3-D structural analysis software, and not
always encounter seismic analysis and design.

Determined lateral forces will apply to appropriated levels of a building
for a 2-D structural analysis.  My questions are:

1. Are the same lateral forces  will also apply to all joints of each level
to that face (direction) of the building?

2. If the building have 1 or more basement,  where's the Base Shear applied?
Is it on the ground (above basement) or where?

Thank you very much for your consideration regarding this.

Mr. Melbec
Saipan