Load - Occupany Live Load

My client wants to relocate a workout room from one building to another. It
is currently located in a Office structure located on a hospital campus. The
building is not OSHPOD (sorry about the inital's if wrong) controlled.
The current equipment room has weights and aerobic type equipment - the
worst of which weights under 1000 lbs. Most of it is lighter pieces around
300 lbs.
They wish to relocate to a second floor of the office building which is
constructed of Spancrete planks. I did a similar report for them a few
months ago and had John Hinton at Spancrete investigate a plank with from
the building and add a 1kip concentrated load. There was no measurable
deflection to be concerned with.
The problem is the live load requirments. I'm not sure where this fits in
the code. It is not a Gymnasium, nor is it used for Aerobic classes of
twenty or thirty people jumping up and down. Each piece of equipment takes
up at least twenty or thirty square feet and allowing for 3' access between
the equipments makes it accessible to roughly 50 square foot per person.
Remember too, these are hospital and outpatients (as well as staff) seeking
therapy or aerobic training on the equipment.
What is the allowable live load for this. I would guess the code allowable
for a gym with fixed seating is 100 psf. If it is this high, can I use a

realistic live load based upon each piece of equipment. The worst case
equipment is the weight machine at 1000 lbs and which takes roughly 36
square feet including benches. This amounts to only 28 psf.

I'd like some feedback if you please.

Thanks

Dennis Wish PE
La Quinta, California