RE: Radiographic inspection

A little clarification on the Hilti Ferroscan System.  It can tell you
depth and size of the bar, within certain limitations.  It generally
will not give you bar size much deeper than 2" below the surface (works
well for top mats.)   It will give you cover for bars about 4" to 6"
deep, depending on rebar diameter (Because it is dependent on signal
strength.)   It will give x-y location of the bar at depths up to 7".
The ferroscan works best on rebar but will also show location (not size)
of other ferrous objects.

Additionally, I like to point out that the unit provides a plot of the
area which has been scanned, enabling you to do "Slices" at varying
depths.  The plots can be stored on the Unit (up to 42 at a time), or
the information can be downloaded to a PC for future reference.

Chris Gill
gillchr(--nospam--at)us.hilti.com