Re: Load - Occupany Live Load

I have to disagree with Ernie and Tim.  The UBC ('91 edition,  sorry I don't
have a newer ed, but I assume it's similar) requires that public areas be
designed for 100 PSF (Table 23-A for Assembly areas - "and other areas", and
Footnote 3).

ASCE 7-88 backs this up in Table C3.

Since the equipment isn't 'built-in' as plumbing or kitchen equipment is, I'd
treat it as part of the Live Load.

Lew Midlam, PE
http://www.lcm.com