RE: Load - Occupancy Live Load

No luck, Ernie. The building official took a stand - You can't guarantee the
future use of the area and, therefore, have to consider the code for worst
case condition. Yes, the actual usage for the space will prove a less than
50 psf live load, but there is nothing to prevent the client from taking out
the equipment and holding assembly's and aerobic training classes.
This means that the occupancy of the space must be changed and the area must
comply with the code rated live load for an assembly area - 100 psf.
Thanks for your input, but the BO is the final word on the issue.

Dennis Wish PE
La Quinta, California
wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com
ICQ# 6110557