Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Expansive Soil Foundation[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Expansive Soil Foundation
- From: Resengin <Resengin(--nospam--at)aol.com>
- Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 04:03:08 EST
The siols report should specify the expected differential expansion. IMHO this will probably be mor than just adding a few rebar. I have worked in an area that contained very expansive soils. The floor slabs need to move like a floating mat to keep the movable portions of the structure (doors and windows) operational. If the slab experiences differential movement door and window will bind. Something the owners want to avoid. Hope this helps. Jay L. Crawford, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Expansive Soil Found
- Next by Subject: Fw: failed delivery
- Previous by thread: Re: Inappropriate but Funny
- Next by thread: Re: Wood Rafters, UBC ta