Re: Load - Occupancy Live Load

The 100 PSF criteria comes from the scenerio in which there is a fire and everyone
runs to the exits.

Or, where you have a large amount of  equipment of 'unknown' weights in a room
*and* conduct a presentation or class in which everyone crowds around an
instructor -

or - (you fill in the blanks)

or - (you fill in the blanks)

, and the list goes, on.