Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Negative Structures.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Negative Structures.
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: 02 Apr 98 20:26:00 -0500
T. Eric Gillham wrote: > we worked it out with the contractor and had them incrementally build the structure on grade, while digging it out from the inside so that it sank. I believe there is a specific name for this type of construction method ...< My references use the term "caisson" for this method of construction. I have designed circular pump stations as "sunk caissons". I prefer to use the term "sunk caisson" because many people seem to use the word "caisson" to refer to drilled piers.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Fw: Negative Structures.
- Next by Subject: Re: Negative Structures.
- Previous by thread: Re: Fw: Negative Structures.
- Next by thread: Re: Negative Structures.