Fwd: American Joke

--- Begin Message ---
In a message dated 98-04-02 15:19:37 EST, SFisNo1 writes:

<<

--- Begin Message ---
  • To: Andre00797(--nospam--at)aol.com
  • Subject: Fwd: American Joke
  • From: SFisNo1 <SFisNo1(--nospam--at)aol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 15:19:37 EST

My Dear Andre,

I truly feel you will like this one.

Always yours,
Mrs. Cummings
--- Begin Message ---
  • To: 101731.3045(--nospam--at)compuserve.com, Lkd10k9(--nospam--at)aol.com, dejaye(--nospam--at)concentric.net, dbrain(--nospam--at)pacbell.net, asdi(--nospam--at)ix.netcom.com, MWILLHMB(--nospam--at)pacbell.net, deefarnow(--nospam--at)hotmail.com, bruensc(--nospam--at)halsp.hitachi.com, cathiet(--nospam--at)coastside.net, Kiumakahik(--nospam--at)aol.com, buzz(--nospam--at)aloha.net, melbernie(--nospam--at)earthlink.net, ADorf(--nospam--at)aol.com
  • Subject: American Joke
  • From: Katharine Weber <kweber(--nospam--at)coastside.net>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 09:42:37 -0800
In a message dated 98-03-26 12:46:43 EST, kweber(--nospam--at)coastside.net writes:

<<
 AMERICAN JOKE

 During WWII an American soldier had been on the front lines in Europe
 for
 three months when he was finally given a week of R&R.  He caught a
 supply
 boat to a base in the south of England, then caught a train to London.

 The train was extremely crowded and he couldn't find a seat.  Dead on
 his
 feet, he walked the length of the train looking for any place to sit
 down.

 Finally the GI found a compartment with seats facing each other; there
 was
 room for two people on each seat.  On one side sat only a proper
 looking,
 older British lady, with a small dog sitting in the empty seat beside
 her.

 "Could I please sit in that seat?" he asked.  The lady was insulted.
 "You
 Americans are so rude!" she said.  "Can't you see my dog is sitting
 there"?

 The GI walked through the train once more and still could not find a
 seat.
 He found himself back at the same place.  "Lady, I love dogs - have a
 couple at home - so I would be glad to hold your dog if I can sit down",
 he
 said.

 The lady replied,  "Not only are you Americans rude, you're arrogant."
 The
 soldier leaned against the wall for a time, but was so tired he finally
 said, "Lady, I've been on the front lines in Europe for three months
 without a decent rest all that time.  Could I please sit there and hold
 your dog?"  The lady replied,  "Rude, arrogant, AND bloody obnoxious!"
 With that comment, the soldier calmly stepped in, picked up the dog,
 threw
 it out the window and sat down.  The lady was speechless.

 An older, neatly dressed Englishman sitting across from them spoke up.
 "Young man, I can't say if all Americans fit the lady's description of
 you
 or not.  But I do know you Yanks do quite a few things wrong.  You drive
 on
 the wrong side of the road, you hold your fork with the wrong hand, and
 now
 you have just thrown the wrong bitch out the window."

[...]

--- End Message ---

--- End Message ---

--- End Message ---

--- End Message ---