Re: Re[2]: SAP, RISA3D, STAAD - Master/Slave Relationships

Dear Ed Haninger,  I do not have any technical problem with RISA3D or
STAAD. I wanted to say that in STRAP you do not need to create diaphragm.
You can easily slave any joints automatically by selecting them graphically
on the screen without creating diaphragm. You can even tell the program
that you want to group joints with a common vertical coordinates and select
with a window the hole building. STRAP will automatically create rigid
diaphragms for each floor. You can check on www.atir.com
Leonid
----------
> From: Ed.Haninger(--nospam--at)fluordaniel.com
> To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
> Subject: Re[2]: SAP, RISA3D, STAAD - Master/Slave Relationships
> Date: Thursday, April 02, 1998 9:15 AM
>
> I am not sure what Leonid was trying to say, but I don't think
> that RISA and STAAD have a "slave/master" problem.  We have tested
> RISA 3D (version 3.01) and STAAD III (v22.3 build 3292) with a
> simple eccentric load on a diaphragm.  They behave as I would
> expect a building floor would react.  The "floor" modeled
> translates and rotates due to the off-center load.  RISA has
> always had the correct (to me) algorithm in the program.
>
> Ed Haninger
> Fluor Daniel
> Irvine, CA, USA, North America...

> Subject: Re: SAP, RISA3D, STAAD - Master/Slave Relationships
> Author:  leonid@wgn.net_at_-FDInternet at FDINET
> Date:    4/2/98 12:43 AM
>

> I understand that RISA3D and STAAD  have "slave/master" problem.
Recently,