Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Negative Structures.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Negative Structures.
- From: LibertyEng <LibertyEng(--nospam--at)aol.com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 07:58:48 EST
In a message dated 98-04-02 19:29:33 EST, you write: << The scheme for the caisson construction was developed in the 1850's and 1860's by John Roebling who died in a construction accident. His son Washington Roebling completed the construction and was himself stricken by caissons disease in 1872, but lived to see the bridge completion in 1883. >> I read recently that Mrs. Roebling helped complete the bridge after her husband's death. We live in a different time, but my wife would be unwilling to do such a thing. She generally believes that if you start something you should finish it yourself. Death would be a flimsy excuse. Jan Harris, PE Liberty Engineering, PC Virginia Beach, VA
- Prev by Subject: Re: Negative Structures.
- Next by Subject: Re: Negative Structures.
- Previous by thread: Re: Negative Structures.
- Next by thread: RE: Negative Structures.