Re: Negative Structures.

<< The scheme for the caisson construction was developed in the 1850's and
1860's by John Roebling who died in a construction accident.  His son
Washington Roebling completed the construction and was himself stricken by
caissons disease in 1872, but lived to see the bridge completion in 1883. >>

I read recently that Mrs. Roebling helped complete the bridge after her
husband's death.  We live in a different time, but my wife would be unwilling
to do such a thing. She generally believes that if you start something you
should finish it yourself.  Death would be a flimsy excuse.

Jan Harris, PE
Liberty Engineering, PC
Virginia Beach, VA