RE: Negative Structures.

Juan,

You are correct.  That puts caisson development back into the early 1800's.  It is surprising what we perceive as new. Are there any earlier caissons?  (European subscribers; don't be shy.)

Regards,
Harold Sprague
Krawinkler, Luth & Assoc.
4412 W. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537
Voice: 970 667-2426
Fax: 970 667-2493
Email: hsprague(--nospam--at)klaalov.com