Re: Commercial Sign structure

<<
 I am using RISA 2D only.  How do you create a 2D model for the open
 frame tower taking into account the torsional forces from the billboard?
 Is it possible to do this or do you need 3D analysis?

Alex,

I wouldn't recommend RISA-2D for this model, as it will not include torsional
effects, even if you break it up into several 2D models. You really need to do
a 3D analysis; also be aware that you need to consider warping stress as well
(in addition to pure  torsional shear) if your legs are not pipe shapes.

Bruce Bates
RISA Technologies