16 ga staples for Roof Sheathing

Our firm has recently discovered that many of the builders in our area have
been substituting 8d common nails at the roof sheathing with 16 ga staples
(without our approval).  These are not equivalent.  The closest equivalent is
a 14 ga staple, which is in the ICBO report but no one manufactures.  The
inspectors don't seem to be catching that they are using staples.  Just
thought I would let you all know what we have encountered.

Patricia Small
Tucson, AZ