Construction Joint in Shearwall

Another question I am hoping to get answered:

We have a multiple story shear wall (8 stories).  Horizontal control joints
will be required for constrution.  A keyed joint will provide shear
resistance for out of plane loads, but not in plane loads.  Will the
vertical reinforcing bars be adequate to transfer the shear through the
joint or should another method be used?  I am considering a keyed joint
with a bonding agent.  Does anyone know if epoxy bonding agents will create
enough of a bond to act as if the construction joint was actually
monolithic?

Thanks in advance.

Mike Brown, P.E.
CSHQA Engineers