Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: COMP @home[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: COMP @home
- From: Steve Privett <eqretrodr(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>
- Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 16:11:39 -0800
Arvel, I'm not familar with @home, but the cable modem is available here is Pasadena CA now thru the local cable TV company and earthlink. The cost is 49.95 per month, and right now they are waiving installation charge. The monthly rate include the rental of off hardware that they install on your computer. I've used the demo in their office and it is pretty impressive. But I don't know anything about reliability. I'm told that my current earthlink account name and everything will remain the same. The only difference is how much I pay and who I pay it to.. and of course the speed. When you consider a dedicated line, and the normal monthly charges, it seems like a better way to go not to mention the speed differences. -- Steve Privett mailto:eqretrodr(--nospam--at)earthlink.net
- COMP @home
- From: Arvel L. Williams, P.E.
- COMP @home
- Prev by Subject: Re: COMP @home
- Next by Subject: COMP Woodworks
- Previous by thread: COMP @home
- Next by thread: RE: COMP @home