Re: 16 ga staples for Roof Sheathing

The new revised version of National Evaluation Service Report NER-272 is now
available.  A check can be made against lateral and withdrawal load capacity for 8d
common nails vs. staples (16 ga., or 15 ga. which are more readily available than
14 ga.) and fastener schedule revised accordingly, depending on what design
condition is being evaluated.  Of course, this means extra (unpaid?) work for the
structural engineer.