Re: 16 ga staples for Roof Sheathing

The new NER-272 is over 50 pages long; it is available from ISANTA, headquarters
in LaGrange, IL. I can get tel. no. for you when I go to APA office on 4/6.

Plywood and OSB grades are APA Rated Sheathing (for non-STR 1) and APA
Structural I Rated Sheathing (for STR 1, available in both OSB and plywood).
STR 1 OSB is identified as Structural 1 Rated in the body of the trademark.  It
has same shear values for shear walls and diaphragms as Structural 1 plywood.

Waferboard is an original form of wood structural panel, with non-oriented
wafers so it has equal stiffness and strength in both panel directions.
Waferboard is made by only one mill (I think) in Canada, rarely seen anymore in
US, and replaced by OSB.

Particleboard is a product not used for structural sheathing, even though there
are tables in UBC which apply to this product. At one time, waferboard was
included as a panel type in the particleboard standard ANSI A208.1, but
waferboard provisions are no longer included in that standard.

Hope this helps.

John Rose, APA/TAcoma