	From:  Michael D Zaitz[SMTP:mzaitz(--nospam--at)surfsouth.com]
	Sent:  Monday, April 06, 1998 7:59 AM
	To:  seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
	Subject:  Aluminum Specification

	I am currently in the proccess of designing and aluminum canopy made
of
	C shapes and tubes.  I will need to include a specification for this

	canopy and was wondering how I would assemble it?  Since this is the

	first time I have designed something brand new with aluminum I need
some
	guidance.  I am thinking of using our Steel Framing specification
and
	modifying it to reflect aluminum properties.  Anyone have a better
idea
	or a different direction?  Also, are there any traps in the use of
	aluminum?  I have heard of problems with field welding unless the
welders
	are highly experienced in aluminum.  Any other problems?