Re: Commercial Sign stru

>From someone who is just about finished with my B.S. in S.E., most if not
all my instructors emphasized hand calculations before the computer was
even used.  Sometimes to the point of checking all the computer output by
hand, from finite element codes, to 2-D truss models for structural
analysis.  So if anyone was wondering if they still teach statics, the sum
of all forces and moments still equals zero.   :)

David Taquino
University of California, San Diego
Structural Engineering

..... While this may seem archaic by