Re: concrete vibrational analysis

terrence turner wrote:

> I am presently designing the floor system for a health/areobics club.  My
> question deals with the following,  how do you calculate the frequency of
> vibration for a concrete flat slab with drop panels?  I have seen alot of
> publications dealing with vibrational problems for steel but rarely for
> concrete.  Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> thanks
>
> Jon Turner

Floor systems with a natural frequency greater than 5 cycles per second
should have no problems of vibration.

The following equation can be used to compute the natural frequency:

f=3.5*sqrt(1/D)

with D being the immediate static deflection at the center of the floor
due to the loads expected, in inches.

You can find all that in MacGregor's Reinforced Concrete book.

Moni Serhal