Insurance questions (E&O this time)

I need to find out about E&O coverage for a specific project.

I do not currently carry E&O because the last time I researched getting it
(1994 or 1995):
a.      it cost too much.
b.      the deductible was way too high in relation to the premiums (too
high for me, anyway).
c.      I was afraid it would make me a lawsuit magnet.

Many of the other small operators I have talked to don't carry it either,
because:
a.      it costs too much.
b.      the deductible is way too high in relation to the premiums.
c.      they are afraid it would make them a lawsuit magnet.

I have a potential client who is eager to work with me but is uneasy about
my lack of coverage. He is willing to pay me more $$ to get coverage (up to
a point, anyway). The architect on this project doesn't carry E&O either,
because.
a.      it costs too much.
b.      the deductible is way too high in relation to the premiums.
c.      he is afraid it would make him a lawsuit magnet.

(is there an echo in here?)

So: what I need to know is:

a.      is there an good underwriting firm who can cover me for only one
project?
b.      what do other small operations do about E&O insurance?
c.      is there a good firm who can cover me with rock-bottom premiums, a
low deductible and no aggravation (hey a girl can dream)?

Thanks!

Kate O'Brien
Simi Valley, CA