RE: California State Employees' Initiative

You last statement is very interesting. Since when does any large
organization - especially government - hire additional professionals to
handle an increased work load. As with any other business, they will
probably increase the pressure upon existing employees to pump out more work
and no additional compensation. This is a good indication of potential
mistakes due to pressure. There is very little fat left in the business side
of government. It used to be that aerospace and government employees who
were expedient and productive were told to slow down (figuratively -
especially in the beginning of the 80's were there was plenty of glut).
As everyone points out, this is a no win situation for engineers as well as
the occupants of the buildings.

Does anyone have an email address where we can voice our opinions and
position?

Dennis S. Wish PE
La Quinta, California
wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com

ICQ# 6110557
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/6110557

"Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy
for the worst of them all - the apathy of human beings"  Helen Keller