Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Bay Area Info Requested

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
The son of an architect client of mine is considering purchasing property in 
the Moraga/Orinda area.  From what I understand, a "stream" about 50 feet 
wide is running thru the property and is undercutting the bank.  His 
realtor suggested that he get a geologist to evaluate the property with 
regard to erosion potential.

Is this the type of work usually done by a geologist in the Bay area or would 
it be a Civil/Civil or Geotechnical type of project?  Any 
suggestions/comments or names that I can pass on would be appreciated.

(BTW, a running stream 50 feet wide is considered a raging river here in 

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona