Soil settlement problem

I have noticed a settlement problem under one of the walls of my
garage.  The wall is in stone masonry.  I observed that the gap between
the garage floor and the bottom of the garage door has been increasing.
The drive way runs east-west and, the observed settlement is greatly
pronounced on the southeast corner of the garage.  The joints in the
wall at this location have opened.  Floor cracking is very noticeable.

Although I am myself a civil/structural engineer, my experience is in
industrial structures.  I am aware that a large number of members in
this newsgroup practice residential structures and, therefore I would
like to elicit some suggestions for repairs to the problem.  My personal
e-mail address is: rajendra(--nospam--at)edumaster.net

Rajendran