Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Soil settlement problem[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: Soil settlement problem
- From: "P. Rajendran" <rajendra(--nospam--at)edumaster.net>
- Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 05:36:24 -0500
I have noticed a settlement problem under one of the walls of my garage. The wall is in stone masonry. I observed that the gap between the garage floor and the bottom of the garage door has been increasing. The drive way runs east-west and, the observed settlement is greatly pronounced on the southeast corner of the garage. The joints in the wall at this location have opened. Floor cracking is very noticeable. Although I am myself a civil/structural engineer, my experience is in industrial structures. I am aware that a large number of members in this newsgroup practice residential structures and, therefore I would like to elicit some suggestions for repairs to the problem. My personal e-mail address is: rajendra(--nospam--at)edumaster.net Rajendran
- Prev by Subject: RE: Soil report seismic acceleration minimums??
- Next by Subject: Fwd: FW: Some New Laywer Lines
- Previous by thread: Re: Sunroom Anchorage
- Next by thread: Wood - SPF North