Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Code Question[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org'" <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: Code Question
- From: hsprague(--nospam--at)aspen.klaalov.com (Harold Sprague)
- Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 18:50:29 -0600
Given: You have a building located in seismic zone 0 You are using the 1997 or the 1994 UBC Questions: What UBC provisions are applicable for seismic zone 0? There is one reference to zone 0 in 1630.1.1. If zone 0 does not require any consideration, what is the purpose of the reference? What is the value of Z? Is it inferred to be 0? ASCE 7, BOCA, & Standard (all derivatives of NEHRP) list a minimum value of Aa or Av of 0.05. This work was all derived from the Algermissen Perkins charts. Why is there a difference between the UBC and the other codes? Harold Sprague hsprague(--nospam--at)klaalov.com
- Prev by Subject: Code Change Monographs
- Next by Subject: Re: Code Question
- Previous by thread: RE: That was the week that was.
- Next by thread: Re: Code Question