Re: California State Employees' Initiative

>  Who is personally responsible?  Who takes the heat if there is a
> problem?  If the public is damaged whom do they sue?  We may not like it
at
> times but there is right of redress for damaged parties through the
courts.
> If my little girls is hurt because of a designer's negligence can I sue
the
> state?  These issues need addressing and these are only the liability
issues.

As I understand it, any private sector consultants who still manage to get
public work will be fully liable for the entire project. The citizens of
California cannot sue the State of course, so if NO private sector
consultants get hired, the public will have no redress at all in the event
of a problem.

 Please note that it has been awhile since I perused the actual
proposition. If I have that wrong, perhaps someone can set me straight.

Kate O'Brien, P.E.