Re: Insurance questions (E&O this time)

Kate:

Just another sobering thought:

I had a client who got that kind of a contract with her 2nd engineer.  (The
first one sued her and won).

She has since sued her 2nd engineer and won as well as getting his license
suspended.

She sued her framing sub-contractor (she was an owner-builder) and has won.

She sued a truss company and won.

She turned in four engineers to the State Board; one suspension, one
warning; 50% batting average.

She is suing her first attorney for malpractice; ongoing.

She has sued me, her expert witness, for designing shoring for her home
after the Building Department issued her a Correction Notice; i.e. fix the
trusses or shore the house.

She is on her third attorney.

Her house isn't finaled by the Building Department and guess who's suppose
to sign off that her house meets code after corrections are made to the
building per my and my architect's drawings?

Stay tuned.

Neil Moore, S.E.