Re: Insurance questions

Norb,

I *do* remember the Olliveti 101.  I had a demo in my office for a week, or
maybe it was a month.  The salesmen were a couple of brothers by the name of
"Grouch," not a good name for a salesman.  Programming was in a
pseudo-machine language if I remember correctly and programs were stored on a
cassette tape.  Civils went "ape" over them because Olliveti had some kid do
civil programming for it.  At that time, the University of Arizona Computer
Center had commercial accounts for services that could not be obtained in the
*private* sector and I had one of those accounts.  It was easier programming
in FORTRAN than programming for the Olliveti, even if I had to go in the
computer center very late at night or very early in the morning to use a key
punch machine.  You can't backspace to correct a mistake on one of those
things and you learn very quickly to mark the edge of the deck of cards with
a felt tip pen, just in case you drop the deck.

Ah, the memories of the good(?) old days!

Getting a little away from the subject, I think.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona