RE: 1997 UBC Earthquake Regulations Seminar by ICBO

Thanks all, I will attend the Riverside seminar on April 20th. S.K. Ghosh is
the speaker (and the only one that is listed.
Marlou, Unfortunately you will have to travel to Whittier on April 17th for
the seminar nearest to you. I received the notice today and noticed that I
have already missed the April 7th seminar in Fresno or the April 8th in
Burbank - not bad for me, but probably annoying to Marlou.
For those interested here is the schedule

April 7 - Fresno
April 8 - Burbank
April 17 - Whittier
April 20 - Riverside
April 29 - San Diego
April 28 - Laguna Hills

You must contact ICBO at 800-423-6587 x3244 or x3266. But please note that
there is a strange twist here:
"Seminar registration is available through ICBO by mail or fax at
562-692-2845. Faxed registrations are accepted with a MasterCard, Visa,
Discover, or American Express number or a purchase order. For additional
information, call ICBO Seminar Services at 800-432-6587, x3244 or x3266.
NOTE: RESERVATIONS FOR SEMINARS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY TELEPHONE."
I guess this means that if you did not receive their reservation form and,
since they will not accept reservations by phone, you can't go!!!!! Now
Really!

Rather poor planing mailing notices after the seminars began. I suggest you
call ICBO and call their bluff!

Regards
Dennis

Dennis S. Wish PE
La Quinta, California
wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com

ICQ# 6110557
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/6110557

"The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It
will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment."
Robert Hutchins