POT Bearings for Steel B

Bill,

POT bearings are generally proprietary and capacities are based on the way
they are manufactured, taking into consideration confinement of the
elastomeric material, thickness, etc.

I would select and specify one or several manufacturers as acceptable.  A
major consideration is the size of the bearing and skew of the bridge which
will determine the minimum width of your pier/abutment seat.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

. > Has  anyone got ANY recommendations as to design guides/texts for
. > designing these?
. >
. > I have yet to discover anything truly useful, and the drawings go out next
. > week!