Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
POT Bearings for Steel B[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: POT Bearings for Steel B
- From: Roger Turk <73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 13:59:15 -0400
Bill, POT bearings are generally proprietary and capacities are based on the way they are manufactured, taking into consideration confinement of the elastomeric material, thickness, etc. I would select and specify one or several manufacturers as acceptable. A major consideration is the size of the bearing and skew of the bridge which will determine the minimum width of your pier/abutment seat. A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural) Tucson, Arizona . > Has anyone got ANY recommendations as to design guides/texts for . > designing these? . > . > I have yet to discover anything truly useful, and the drawings go out next . > week!
- Prev by Subject: Postgraduate Study
- Next by Subject: RE: POT Bearings for Steel B
- Previous by thread: FW: WOOD: dowel bearing values for 2-2xs sill plates
- Next by thread: RE: POT Bearings for Steel B