RE: WOOD MOMENT FRAMES

I've got a related (somewhat) question to this thread.  What do you think
about a truss that,
due to several constraints, has an eccentric connection, the connection
cannot
be at the joint working point.  T

A single truss supports the ridge at the gable end of a garage.  The space
above
the garage is a bonus room that will be expanded in the future.  Because of
the
future expansion, the bottom chord of the truss cannot be higher than the
floor
joists.  The rafters land on top of the rim board.  This layout results in
an
eccentric connection.  I am considering a nailed plywood gusset connection
between
the sloping top chord (2x12 rafter) and horizontal bottom chord (2x12 floor
joist).
The gusset and its connection to the truss members will be subject to
permanent loads.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Chris Serroels