RE: POT Bearings for Steel B

I'm afraid I was imprecise.  By "design" I don't mean detail design of the bearing per se.

But it is required to give the manufacturer some guidelines as to what you want.  Bearing footprint, skew of bridge and width of seat are some examples of those.  But there are also some "rules of thumb" according to my understanding, that allow you to determine slide trajectories for guided bearings, translational fixity, etc.

That is what I really need guidance concerning.