Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: POT Bearings for Steel Bridges[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org'" <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: RE: POT Bearings for Steel Bridges
- From: Ed Marshall <elmarshall(--nospam--at)HASimons.com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 11:50:00 -0700
Try Con-Serv, Georgetown, SC (I understand that they also have a location in Texas), Tel: 800-541-1044, Fax: 803-546-1055. I believe they furnished pot bearings for some of our past projects. I also seem to recall that the design criteria is now spelled out in AASHTO (I don't have a recent edition at hand). Their product line is described as "Teflon Slide Bearings; Fiber Bearings. Elastomer (Neoprene & Fabric) Types & Bronze. Pipe Supports, Graphite Plates, Pot & Custom Bearings. Designed & Fabricated To Custom Specs. Applications Include Chemical & Industrial Plants, Parking Structures, Buildings, Bridges, Pipelines & Stadiums." Ed Marshall, PE Simons Engineering, Atlanta > -----Original Message----- > From: Windows/admin/polhemwl On Behalf Of Bill Polhemus > Sent: Friday, April 10, 1998 1:34 PM > To: 'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org' > Subject: POT Bearings for Steel Bridges > > Has anyone got ANY recommendations as to design guides/texts for > designing these? > > I have yet to discover anything truly useful, and the drawings go out > next week! > > Hope someone can help. > > Regards.
- Prev by Subject: Re: POT Bearings for Steel Bridges
- Next by Subject: FW: POT Bearings for Steel Bridges
- Previous by thread: Re: POT Bearings for Steel Bridges
- Next by thread: FW: POT Bearings for Steel Bridges