RE: POT Bearings for Steel Bridges

Try Con-Serv, Georgetown, SC (I understand that they also have a
location in Texas), Tel: 800-541-1044, Fax: 803-546-1055.  I believe
they furnished pot bearings for some of our past projects.  I also seem
to recall that the design criteria is now spelled out in AASHTO (I don't
have a recent edition at hand).

Their product  line is described as "Teflon Slide Bearings; Fiber
Bearings. Elastomer (Neoprene & Fabric) Types & Bronze. Pipe Supports,
Graphite Plates, Pot & Custom Bearings.  Designed & Fabricated To Custom
Specs.  Applications Include Chemical & Industrial Plants, Parking
Structures, Buildings, Bridges, Pipelines & Stadiums."

Ed Marshall, PE
Simons Engineering,
Atlanta