Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: POT Bearings for Steel Bridges[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org'" <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: RE: POT Bearings for Steel Bridges
- From: Bill Polhemus <polhemus(--nospam--at)insync.net>
- Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 16:46:15 -0500
Just got this in the mail today. It does have some interesting info IF you're trying to do the structural design of the BEARING ITSELF. HOWEVER, it doesn't have much info about how best to lay out the bearings for eventual design by the manufacturer. Thanks for this info, however. -----Original Message----- From: Larsen, Mark [SMTP:MLARSEN(--nospam--at)paragonstr.com] Sent: Friday, April 10, 1998 4:27 PM To: 'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org' Subject: FW: POT Bearings for Steel Bridges Bill: The National Steel Bridge Alliance, which is a division of the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) has prepared an excellent publication entitled "Steel Bridge Bearing Selection and Design Guide." This publication is a great source of general information regarding bearing types and selection, and has numerous design examples. The NSBA can be reached at: One East Wacker Drive/ Suite 3100 Chicago, Illinois 60601-2001 Telephone (312)670-2400 Regards, Mark H. Larsen, P.E. Phoenix, AZ ---------- From: Bill Polhemus To: 'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org' Subject: POT Bearings for Steel Bridges Date: Friday, April 10, 1998 10:34AM Has anyone got ANY recommendations as to design guides/texts for designing these? I have yet to discover anything truly useful, and the drawings go out next week! Hope someone can help. Regards.
- Prev by Subject: FW: POT Bearings for Steel Bridges
- Next by Subject: Fwd: Potential Research Project
- Previous by thread: FW: POT Bearings for Steel Bridges
- Next by thread: Deflection calculation f