Pointless Badgering of Sandy Pringle

At 12:04 PM 4/10/98 EDT, you wrote:
>On 3/25 yet another advertisement for Sandy appeared.  As usual he is
thumping
>his chest about A2LA accreditation.   Does any jurisdiction recognize it?
Why
>don't you get accredited by one that is relevant here in California?
(perhaps
>DSA, OSHPD?)
>You mentioned the requirement for a staff engineer from ASTM E329.  Why is
>this person conspicuously absent from your website?  (Not even a name
>mentioned)
>I am the Registered Civil Engineer responsible for the organization I work
>for.  (I won't mention its name since this forum is not intended to be used
>for self-promotion.)
>Lies, half-truths, etc. do a disservice to the structural engineering
>community.
>I am growing weary of the implication that testing laboratories are not
>qualified to perform inspection.   Please confine these advertising claims to
>your website.  Stop bombarding this board with claims that might be more
>appropriate on a late-night infomercial.
>
>James E. Parker, P. E.

What is your problem!  I've never said anything on this list that wasn't
absolutely fact, I've responded directly to you, off list, regarding your
requirements to tell you who our Engineer is (David C. Breiholz), but now
this last posting about "lies and half-truths" goes too far.
I don't even know who you are since you are claiming anonymity, but I will
tell you I won't stand for any more of this slander.
If there is no "conflict of interest", why doesn't your Test Lab become
accredited as an Inspection Agency as well as a Testing Laboratory since
they are performing these services.  Others have done just that; why not
offer your clients the value of accreditation and quality assurance through
a voluntary program of internal and external examination of your inspection
program and stand up for what you believe! I have done just that.
If you don't have this authority, ask your employer.
This is a professional list; please endeavor to remain so.

R. Sandy Pringle       STRUCTURAL INSPECTION CONSULTANTS Inc.
sandyp(--nospam--at)sic-inc.com 	 (800)598-1970    Fax(310)376-5294
http://www.sic-inc.com	 Hermosa Beach & Redondo Beach, CA

Knowledge is a process of piling up facts; wisdom lies in their
simplification. -Martin H. Fischer