Re: Deflection calculation for Wheel Loads on Timber Bridges

Recently, I was designed bridge for rail load and hwy load. For my design I
used program named "STRAP". I do not know if the "PC BRIDGE" can do the
work, but I found that the "STRAP" can do it very easy. The program can
calculate deflection with moving load for HS-25 or Cooper80 loads. You can
see it on web site www.atir.com. Try bridge design.

Leonid Shectman P.E.

> From: Bdpooley <Bdpooley(--nospam--at)aol.com>
> To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
> Subject: Deflection calculation for Wheel Loads on Timber Bridges
> Date: Friday, April 10, 1998 9:29 AM
>
> Problem: Calculate the live load deflection for a timber bridge deck for
> simple and continuous spans ranging from 8 feet to 34 feet for HS-15,
HS-20