Re: Insurance questions (E&O this time)

>>Just another sobering thought:

I had a client who got that kind of a contract with her 2nd engineer.  (The
first one sued her and won).

She has since sued her 2nd engineer and won as well as getting his license
suspended.

She sued her framing sub-contractor (she was an owner-builder) and has won.

She sued a truss company and won.

She turned in four engineers to the State Board; one suspension, one
warning; 50% batting average.

She is suing her first attorney for malpractice; ongoing.

She has sued me, her expert witness, for designing shoring for her home
after the Building Department issued her a Correction Notice; i.e. fix the
trusses or shore the house.

She is on her third attorney.

Her house isn't finaled by the Building Department and guess who's suppose
to sign off that her house meets code after corrections are made to the
building per my and my architect's drawings?

Stay tuned.<<

Boy she sounds like the Psychobitch From Hell.

You wouldn't want to name names, would you??

The reason I ask is I have worked with a couple of women who I could easily
imagine doing all of the above.

Seriously: if we had a SEAOC Clients from Hell database, where we each
contributed names of our worst clients or client wannabes, with a brief
description of WHY they are clients from hell, we could all persue this
before accepting anyone new.

The Board publishes names of engineers who have been bad. I just think that
knife ought to cut both ways.

Kate O'Brien