RE: Fw: A little girl's wish, this one should work (i.e. The Urban Legend Beheld)

My rule of thumb is this:

ANY and ALL such posts encountered on the Internet are PRESUMED to be false, unless I have personal knowledge to the contrary.

Sorry, but that's the way of it in the new electronic age.  "Urban Legends" have proliferated WILDLY in the last few years thanks in no small part to the power of this medium.

I am surprised that, with the widespread (and well-deserved, imo) distrust of the "establishment" media, folks are nonetheless easily susceptible to every cock-and-bull story they encounter in their email boxes.

BTW, an interesting site to visit is

http://www.kumite.com/myths/fas/fas-dboy.htm

The author of the site speaks specifically about this and other similar hoaxes abounding on the 'net.  A good jumping-off place for exploring this topic and what it says about human psychology.

Enjoy.