RE: Insurance questions (E&O this time)

Not quite, Kate. SEAOC publishes only delinquent members names, supposedly
(and I really hate this) to remind them or have their associates remind them
that their dues have not been received. Personally (having been on the first
list a few years ago) I think it is a shame tactic which I abhor. If they
want to notify members that they are late on their dues, let them send a
post card rather than publish a glossy state publication (Plan Review).
As far as the private sector - naming deadbeat clients is one sure way to
end up in court for slander. All it takes is one sore engineer who refuses
to admit that possibly he/she was at fault over a refusal of payment. For
this same reason, we can't publicly name Architects or other professionals
who are incompetent or deadbeats - this is best left to small claims and the
licensing boards. However, each of these becomes public record and it may
not be a bad idea (if we had the search capabilities in the courts) to have
access to a list of any professionals legal proceedings - whether it be
small claims or civil proceedings.

Dennis S. Wish PE
La Quinta, California
wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com

ICQ# 6110557
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/6110557

"The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It
will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment."
Robert Hutchins