Pointless Badgering of Sandy Pringle

I am tired of lack of construction quality that is provided by "inspectors"
whether they are employed by testing labs or cities.  Cities take a fee for
government and tell the building owners that they inspect them for
compliance.  The last couple of project I looked at in the field after the
inspector makes me question was the inspector there? did he get out of his
car? or what?

Many of us question cities providing this service, beacause by providing it
at whatever level they do they preclude the design engineer from performing
this and being paid for the exposure, since the owner is already paying the
city for this.

I also question the inspector employeed by a testing lab.  My personal
experience has been a nightmare and this is a big problems whether Mr.
Parker believes it.  Mr. Parker should spend a little time in the field
being responsible (completely) for the efforts of the contractor.

I do see Sandy attempting to do something whether you see it or not, I do
not see the testing labs and their inspector trying anything other than
telling me that "everything is alright" when plywood shearwalls are
incorrectly nailed, wrong sheet thinkness and no shear transfer, this after
the inspector said it was alright.  It was alright because the shearwall
had plywood, nails and appeared vertical.

Do you wonder why there is so much litigation, too many lawyers, wrong, too
many un-supervised contractors and inpsectors being paid by the contractor,
not paid off, just paid.  How can you tell your employeer that he has to
tear out the incorrect elements and replace it?   THIS IS WHAT BOTHERS ME.

True my experiences with testing labs has been extreme, no references, no
plans, no show, no clue, no tools and having to drive some where to get
these while you wait.  I agree not all have been this way, but way to many
to be refered to as professionals (over half the time).

Another thing I do not understand, Mr. Parker, do you think the quality of
construction has no where to go? is it NASA level?

Many of us are interested in the Testing Lab's responses to Sandy's efforts
"Lies, half-truths, etc....   claims that might be more appropriate on a
late-night infomercial", this is a very telling response.

Mr. Parker, if you are defending the current situation, my recommendation
is to be less defensive and talk to those that are very unhappy with the
current situtation.

	Bill Warren, SE
	Newport Beach, CA