Postgraduate Study

Dear Member,

I am a Civil-Structural Engineer graduated from University in Sarajevo
Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina (former Yugoslavia). For last more
than three years, I have been living in New Zealand.
Two and half years an experience working with Consulting Companies in
Wellington as a Design Engineer. Working in New Zealand I find a seismic
design quite exciting and I intend to develop my knowledge doing
postgraduate study somewhere in USA. I would like to ask anyone who has
same experience with doing master degree in USA to advise me on
following:

Which University would be appropriate for me?
Are consulting companies keen to give some part time job to students ( I
believe that I will need financial support having some job)?
Is there any organization or institution that financially supports a
post graduate student?
Problems that I should think about before I decide?

Thank you.

Regards!

Dragan Ranisavljevic, Civil Engineer
ABUILD Consulting Engineers Ltd
Wellington
New Zealand
e-mail: dragan.ranisavljevic(--nospam--at)xtra.co.nz