Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Cold formed sections[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Cold formed sections
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: 14 Apr 98 20:49:06 -0400
Anil Kumar wrote: >Please advise in which areas cold formed sections should be used for constructions. Are there any restrictions where it should not be used. Does small thicknesses affect the overall life of the structure. < I would be reluctant to use gage metal for structural framing in a corrosive atmosphere, since even a small amount of corrosion would affect structural properties. For secondary members, I would use galvanized steel with a specified minimum thickness for cold formed steel in mild applications or stainless steel in more corrosive applications (if I used cold-formed at all).
- Prev by Subject: Cold formed sections
- Next by Subject: Re: Cold formed sections
- Previous by thread: Cold formed sections
- Next by thread: Re: Cold formed sections