Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Fly Ash[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaoc" <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: Fly Ash
- From: "Mike Brown" <mike.brown(--nospam--at)cshqa.com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 10:35:51 -0600
Can anyone tell me the pluses and minuses of fly ash? I have text books telling me one thing and technical bulletins telling me the opposite. The text books are telling me that fly ash increases concrete shrinkage cracks while the technical bulletin is telling me that fly ash reduces concrete shrinkage. Granted, the technical bulletin is from Pozzolanic (which is fly ash). I am trying to use a concrete mix design that will limit the amount of shrinkage cracks in the exposed concrete. The Concrete Contractor has proposed the use of fly ash and has sent literature to back up his claims (25% fly ash compared to the cement content). I do know that by allowing fly ash the cost for the concrete will be reduced. My concern is that the literature may not be telling the whole story and he is just trying to save himself some $$. I would appreciate anyone's help in this matter. Thank you. Mike Brown, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Fw: Flexible diaphragm Sap 2000
- Next by Subject: RE: Fly Ash
- Previous by thread: RE: Clients & Credit
- Next by thread: RE: Fly Ash