Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Fly Ash[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Fly Ash
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: 15 Apr 98 14:35:30 -0400
I agree with Brent Koch's reply - since effects of fly ash on shrinkage can vary, you should ask your concrete supplier to provide shrinkage test data to support claims that the addition of fly ash will reduce shrinkage of that mix. If the addition of fly ash reduces the water content due to improved workability, that may help reduce shrinkage. PCA states "The most important controllable factor affecting shrinkage is the amount of water per unit volume of concrete...some finely divided mineral admixtures such as fly ash have little or no effect on drying shrinkage. Drying shrinkage can be evaluated in accordance with ASTM C157."
- Prev by Subject: RE: Fly Ash
- Next by Subject: Re: Fly Ash
- Previous by thread: Re: Fly Ash
- Next by thread: Re: Fly Ash