	From:  Stan J[SMTP:hawneng(--nospam--at)wac.com]
	Sent:  Thursday, April 16, 1998 3:00 PM
	To:  seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
	Subject:  SLAB - Control Joints in Concrete Slab on Grade

	I have an old table from PCA showing control joint
	spacings for concrete slab on grade.  On one of
	our jobs, the contractor wants to use a larger
	spacing than we are used to calling for.  Can
	anybody point me towards recently published
	guidelines for maximum spacing of control joints
	in concrete slabs (preferably from ACI or a major
	code writing body)?

	Our slab is :
	     4 inch thick slab in a retail building
	     2500 psi min. concrete w/ 1" max. aggregate.
	     Fibermesh reinforced

	Thanks for any help you can give.

	Stan Johnson, PE, What if the IRS decides that
	participation on this list constitutes bartering
	of consulting services and we all have to report
	each others time on the list as income  =:O