Re: CA 1998 STRUCTURAL EXAM

Amaloyan wrote:

> Could some one on this list confirm the reference materials that
> would be required for the SE exam this year?
>
> Would 1994 UBC code be used or 1997?
> Which ACI codes will be needed?
> Which AISC manual can be used? 8th or 9th or LRFD
> What NDS manual will be required? 1991 or newer edition?
> Is the masonry code in the UBC sufficient or the masonry code
> published by the AMI required as a ref. material?
>
> Would any of the SAC or FEMA guidelines by used?
>
> Last question? Would the bridge problem be mandatory this year?
>
> I would appreciate all comments even if they are partial to the list above.
>
> Ara Maloyan P.E.

Dear Mr.Maloyan,

Please be aware that the California Board may give you incorrect information
about required codes and will not be responsible for the errors. there is no
way to be 100% sure what codes the test will cover. Hopefully this will be
taken care of when a national test standard is adopted. Good luck.

Richard Lee