Re: Plywood Diaphragms

I have seen similar situation. The project engineer used plywood sheathing
"UNDER" (and left the existing sheathing that was over the joist) the
existing 2x10. Also connected the perimeter masonry walls to the joists with
steel connectors.
Let me know if I could be more assistance.

K. Hemmatyar, P. Eng. (structural)
Vancouver, B.C.