Snow Load

Since the subject was brought up, I thought I would hop in. Are there
any rules of thumb to estimate the snow load from the snow height,
taking into consideration that part of this snow stacks up as ice at the
bottom, especially in places where the temperatures fluctuate
significantly about the freezing point ?

For those who wonder about high snow loads, I've seen snow heights of
about 20 feet, especially below roads where the snow plow keeps shoving
the snow down stacking up with time to these huge heights. Below these
roads you'll often find roofs taking up all this load.

Thanks,
Moni Serhal