Re: Location of Prestressing plants

Marlou:

There are no prestressed concrete fabricators in San Luis Obispo County.  They tend to be located on the outskirts of major northern and southern California markets.  Location is a balance of closeness to market (to reduce trucking cost component of pricing), vicinity to aggregate sources, and cost of acreage required to establish a production facility.

Try contacting:    Mr. Doug Mooradian, AIA
                         Precast Manufacturers Association Of California
                         Glendale, CA
                         (will forward phone & address when I find his card)

Another resource:  http://www.pci.org/  I believe they have a search tool for all PCI member producers nationwide.

At the end of this message I have listed the major California precasters.

Regards,

Brent Koch, P.E.
Willis Construction Company, Inc.
San Juan Bautista, CA
http://pre-cast.netgate.net/home.html

California Precast Prestressed Concrete Manufacuturers

A. Specializing in Structural Precast:

        1) Con-Fab California Coporation
            Lathrop, CA
            Philip French, President
            (209) 858-2521

        2) Pomeroy Corporation
            Petaluma, CA

        3) Kiecon (a Kiewit company)
            Pleasanton, CA and Antioch, CA

        4) Coreslab Structures
            Fontana, CA

        5) Spancrete Of California
            Irwindale California

        6) Niobrara River Precast (AT Curd Construction)
            Rialto, CA

        7) Conrad Construction
            El Monte, CA

B. Architectual Precasters With Structural Precast/Prestress Capabilities:

        8) Willis Construction Company
            San Juan Bautista, CA
            and Tecate, Mexico
            Larry Willis, President